Privacy and Data Protection
1. NEED A CAR hates spam and will never send you unsolicited communications. There are some messages ("Service Messages") that we will need to send you. These may be sent via email, post or text message and include notifications about your application. Occasional Updates
2. When you register on with NEED A CAR you are offered the option to receive our occasional updates. These messages notify you about new features on the site, ask your opinion, and tell you about services you might not be using yet. We only send these messages when there is something worthwhile to tell you about. If you decide you no longer want to receive these messages you will be able to OPT-OUT, this will be below any email you have received from NEED A CAR. General Operational Purposes
3. We as Information controller may collect and use your Personal Information for: statistical analysis; to develop and improve our products; to update your records; to identify which of our, or others', products might interest you; to assess client and insurance risks; to arrange, underwrite and administer insurance and handle claims; to identify, prevent, detect or tackle fraud, money laundering and other crime; or as Rent-To-Own client and for market research. In addition: i. If false or inaccurate Information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. ii. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this Information. iii. We and other organisations may also access and use this Information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when: 1. checking details on applications for credit and credit-related or other facilities 2. managing credit and credit-related accounts or facilities 3. recovering debt 4. checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance 5. checking details of job applicants and employees iv. Please contact us at email@example.com if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies. v. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the Information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
4. We will keep your Personal Information confidential and only give it to others for the purposes we explained when you applied to us, and: i. if you ask us to or give us your permission to do so; ii. to a credit reference agency to check your identity and to prevent fraud (they will also keep a record of your request and use it whenever anyone applies to be authenticated in your name); iii. to our agents and subcontractors, acting for us or for Investors, to use for the purpose of operating the Investment Platform and obtaining payment; iv. to investigate, prevent or detect fraud or carry out checks against money laundering; v. to share Information via an organisation which provides a centralised application matching service which it collects from and about mortgage and/or credit applications, for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud; vi. to trace debtors and recover debt; vii. to meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority or taxing authority; viii. if we have to by law, the law allows it, or it is in the public interest; 5. We will check your details with a fraud prevention agency or agencies, and if you give us false or inaccurate Information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. We and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) may use, search and access these records from the SA and other countries (e.g. offshore operations of SA businesses) to: i. help make decisions about credit and credit related services, for you; ii. help make decisions on vehicle insurance proposals and insurance claims, for you and members of your household; iii. trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud, and to manage your accounts or insurance policies; iv. check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you furnish us with other satisfactory proof of identity; v. checking details of job applicants and employees; Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
6. Any credit reference agency you search through NEED A CAR will keep a record of any search, and other Lenders may use it to assess applications they receive from you in the future. Access to Your Personal Data
9. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to access certain personal records we or fraud prevention agencies hold about you. This is called a "subject access request", which you can make by writing to us at email@example.com. A fee may be payable, but we will not charge you until we have told you how much the fee is and what it is for, and you have told us you still want to proceed. Contacting Other Customers
10. We do not disclose your Personal Information to any other NEED A CAR Customers. If at any case you receive such Information, you are not permitted to use it directly, other than in communication with us. Monitoring and Recording
12. We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.